I am a fashion obsessed hockey fan. You'll find everything from fashion DOs && DON'Ts, outfit ideas for games for men & women... to hockey posts & player stats all they way down to the basics of Ice Hockey. I am no ace when it comes to ice hockey, which I readily admit. But, I am willing to ask the questions & I will gladly take yours, which I'll do my best to answer. On my own...or with some help. Hey, the only stupid questions...are mine. :)

Friday, October 21, 2011

Ice Queen vs. Tyra Skanks

As I am sure you are wondering...what in God's name does this title mean. I had to do it. This whole idea started on Twitter, when @thedugsmusic tweeted abut what people have been wearing to hockey games. He came up with the title, I don't know if I could name my blog that, but a post definitely, and check out the url. The title of my blog: Wear, What, Puck? Works in two ways for me...because something one usually hears me is "Where...what?" and I figured with a little play on words, I've got the fashion and the hockey.

So as is stated in what I would like to call my "mission statement" I plan on incorporating fashion and ice hockey, and tonight you are going to get the best of both worlds (and by both I mean just fashion) because I am headed to the Verizon Center for the game tomorrow night! Detroit Red Wings vs. Washington Capitals. So here is what I'll wear:

Deep V LnA T, This is my fav. But BDG at UO has some great Deep Vs as well.

Dark Wash Skinny Jean polyvore.com or check out @loft


Tory Burch Reva Flats
Purchased: Addison Craig

Earrings: Kate Spade, Nordstrom
Watch: Michael Kors, Nordstrom
Ring: marc by marcjacobs, Nordstrom
(The Black Panther ring is an Ode To Mike Green.)
Bangle & Leather Wrap: Tory Burch, Tory Burch
Bead Bracelet: Pandora w/ custom CAPITALS bead, Pandora

Washington Capitals Scarf  && Pins, I get one at every game.
Scarf Purchased: Kettler Capitals Iceplex
Pins Purchased: Verizon Center
marc by marc jacobs percy q crossbody
Purchased: Nordstrom

And of course, Washington Capitals 2011 Winter Classic Mohawk Hat.
Purchased: Kettler Capitals Iceplex
I am a HUGE fan of LnA's deep V t shirts, but they can be a little pricey so, I also own a ton of Urban Outfitters BDG Deep V necks, but here is the secret: wear the men's t shirts. Usually, mens deep V shirts are cut much lower than the women's, they also fit looser. So they can give a super sexy (and ladies you are LYING to yourselves if you don't admit that you always want to look good on the off chances that a player is checking you out...its okay to admit this I have)... relaxed look for any sporting event. I own TONS in colors for all of my teams. I don't have problems with women wearing hockey jerseys either! (As I know some men *cough Mike Wise cough* do... as I recall a very specific radio rant last year) As long as the jersey isn't down to your knees, and the sleeves don't drag. It's awesome that Reebok cuts hockey jerseys specifically for women especially because there are certain areas where we all need a little extra space...queue the reason for the Deep V ;). I am also sure some of you are thinking...alanna this is an ice rink you are going to be freezing...wrong! I get so psycho super fan that I am always jumping around and I keep myself pretty warm even in a T shirt... especially because it is only October so the weather outside is still just weather. I'm not to concerned about a jacket/ sweatshirt. But....I may bring a draped poncho like this Cotton Blend Poncho. Once the weather gets cooler I'll show you all some other ideas etc.

  I will be traveling for some other games throughout the season so it won't just be Caps outfit ideas, and I will do some outfits just because. And guys... you're not off the hook either, fashion is becoming much more important to you all as well. Just recently the Matt Hendricks, Mike Knuble, Nicklas Backstrom, John Carlson, and Michal Neuvirth served as models with Capitol File for a look at men's fall fashion. And if the Caps care, guys so should you...Well it looks like JC74 cares most of the time...:)
@JohnCarlson74 tweeted this picture,
Channeling his inner GoGo Gadget

But lets get beyond the clothes because god, my best friend (Ariane @LaichCaps21) and anyone who knows me knows that we are missing some of the most VITAL parts of getting ready for a hockey game: hair, nails, and makeup of course.
One thing you'll learn about me is I love doing my nails.
The red WAS my lucky playoff red...
BUTTER Come to Bed Red
OPI Russian Navy
Most Hated/My favorite "Vintage" Caps Jersey
Black: Revlon Black Lingerie
Navy, Copper & White: STRIPE Rite
Old Washington Examiner articles,
wish I could zoom BL21 on thumb
AO8 on middle finger.
White: OPI Alpine Snow
That last newspaper nail idea is what I plan on rocking tomorrow. Its awesome, and super easy.
  • Use a white or gray color first, do 2 coats, and let COMPLETELY dry.
  • In a cup of rubbing alcohol (or Vodka, but why waste vodka...) place each finger one at a time.
  • After you take each finger out, take a piece of the newspaper you'd like on that finger and hold it onto the finger you just removed from the alcohol. Make sure not to move the paper around to much because the ink will smudge.
  • Repeat that with each nail & remove any extra ink with some nail polish remover and a q-tip.
  • Coat with a clear nail polish and your ready to Rock the...Examiner!
Next would be my hair, I usualy use a large barrel curling iron, for some loose waves and seeing as I usually wear my Mohawk hat, its pretty low maintenance. If I don't wear my hat I usually just pull it half up:

LETS GO CAPS!!!
@LaichCaps21 and I
Last but not least: Makeup- I keep it subtle. I went to a game once with roughly an ENTIRE tube of MAC's False Lash mascara... Ariane has made it her duty in life to never let me live it down. 'Twas the night of the Tarantella lashes...bad night...BAAAAD night. :)

So thats pretty much it for my pre game fashion update...not too much right ;). Don't worry it won't all be fashion, I will throw in some men's fashion, some clothing NIGHTMARES...who doesn't love train wrecks!? ( I know I do....) Oh yeah and I will get around to some hockey here and there.  Enjoy!

If you have any questions, comments or any outfits you'd like ideas on...let me know ;).


peace love & pucks
alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment