I am a fashion obsessed hockey fan. You'll find everything from fashion DOs && DON'Ts, outfit ideas for games for men & women... to hockey posts & player stats all they way down to the basics of Ice Hockey. I am no ace when it comes to ice hockey, which I readily admit. But, I am willing to ask the questions & I will gladly take yours, which I'll do my best to answer. On my own...or with some help. Hey, the only stupid questions...are mine. :)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Grinch Who Stole Fashion

First and foremost I would like to make a formal apology to the Florida Panthers, and Patrick McLaughlin. This is something I don't think I have ever done in my life: I am sorry Florida Panthers. Don't get used to it, and don't forget it. :)
Today, Ted Starkey, Washington Capitals author, and staffer for the Washington Post, dropped a bomb in the form of a Twit Pic. Ladies and Gentleman, meet the most vile thing to meet the ice.
      I present to you the New York Islanders 3rd Alternate Jersey

nhlsnipers.com


No that is not a FUBU shirt jersey from 2001, nor is it an Abercrombie & Fitch Hoodie from 2005. That gem is the New York Islanders 3rd Alternate jersey. It is terrible.  Worse that the Thundercats of the Florida Panthers, this takes the place of the worst jersey in the NHL. I don't know if its the fact that it looks like a wannabe LA Kings jersey, or the fact that the way "Islanders" is sprawled across the chest it could have possibly made at the Jersey Shore T shirt store but the jersey is terrible. I blame Snooki. I would much rather see a traditional logo, more orange, and less gray. Quite frankly NYI, lets get rid of the gray all together. I think the practice jerseys would make a better 3rd Alternate, even though they look very similar to something the Edmonton Oilers would wear...I say go for it! 

bleacherreport.com
heshoots-hescores.blogspot.com

I mean look how cute my favorite Trouty Mouth looks, Islanders its possible to get out of this rut, DITCH THOSE JERSEYS.


xoxo
alanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment